Sunday, October 3, 2010

Chicago's AIDS Run Walk

My weekend started off with a bang with Saturday's AIDS Run Walk at Grant Park! I really needed it too, for I needed to get outside after being cooped up in the house for much of this week. I was anxious to stretch my legs and take in the autumn air. Sorry to sound cheesy, but that's the truth.

Taking part in Chicago's AIDS Run Walk was a lot of fun! Over 7,000 people participated and over a half a million dollars was raised in support to fight AIDS. I also accomplished my goal of raising $400! Thank you thank you to my family and friends who took time out to donate. I greatly appreciate it.

Despite the roaming clouds and drizzle, I plugged along throughout my 5K walk and completed the race in 59:03. Here are some snapshots from the event.


My next walk is the Hot Chocolate 5k walk on Saturday, November 5th. Woo hoo! Cannot wait!

I would also like to wish my fabulous Mom a wonderful and fantastic birthday today! Love ya Mom!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a great 5k! And I just registered for the Hot Chocolate 15k today - see ya there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun looking walk! I love Grant Park, despite the weather woes at least you had lots of nice scenery to look at :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, are you kidding, Mac! More walks! I think I'm going to faint after this walk. haha... Gee, you're super cool! If I'm a bit younger, maybe I can still be able to do the 5K walk but not anymore, honey. This is killing me for sure. Wishing you all the best and have great fun.
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm signed up for the 5k Hot Chocolate Run. We will have to meet up!

    ReplyDelete