Monday, October 25, 2010

Playing Catch Up

Hello dear blog friends! I hope everything is fab in your world. Last week totally escaped me. I had every intention of keeping up with my posts, but honestly I just ran out of steam. I am back this week, hoping to get back on track.

It was in the 70s today and it's OCTOBER! Crazy temps, I tell ya. I'm ready for fall sweater weather. Anyhow, I attempted to do something a little different for breakfast today since many of my dishes have featured many repeats as of late. I prepared multi-grain blueberry pancakes with turkey sausage. The pancake recipe is included in Bethenny Frankel's Skinnygirl Dish book and I went with Pamela's gluten-free pancake and baking mix and fresh blueberries that I already had in my pantry. I topped mine with a drizzle of pure maple syrup and had a piece of organic turkey sausage from Applegate Farms. Fabulous and only 35 calories in one serving. I initially prepped two slices, but Ryan stole one. :) I also had an iced coffee and a banana.


Lunch time came a bit later than usual due to impending blog deadlines. Ryan prepared his own chili in the slow cooker overnight; we almost always go with ground turkey in our chili, but the store was out, so we opted for ground sirloin, and added in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, some onion, chipotle chillies, and Tabasco sauce. Super good! On the side, I had some multi-grain saltines from Nabisco. I also had a dark chocolate calcium disk from Adora after lunch.


Once the work day was done, I hopped on my elliptical trainer for a long overdue visit. I completed 30 minutes while catching up on old episodes from this season's 30 Rock. Oh how I miss working out earlier in the day. Once 5-6pm hits, my motivation starts to dwindle. But I have a recharged outlook on keeping up with exercise this week. One day at a time, I say.

For dinner, we reached for the November 2010 issue of Real Simple. Inside, they have some festive fall dishes and we decided to try their recipe for Chicken with Acorn Squash and Tomatoes. It was wonderful, really, and totally satisfying. I am a big tomato fan, and this particular mix was a nice change. Highly recommend this one!



Prior to calling it a day, I reached for the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups bag that's sitting on top of my fridge for Halloween. I did sneak in one piece of chocolate and still made it under my monitored calorie count for the day. Woo hoo!

Here's hoping I can blog about Ryan's birthday at Rick Bayless' awesome XOCO restaurant tomorrow. Until then, thanks for reading Fighting the Pudge! I hope you had a fantastic Monday! xx

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about have warmer temps in October. Late October nonetheless! I grew up In Massachusetts, so I love seasons. Now living ini Texas, it is so odd to still be able to wear short sleeves and not be freezing! I swear I will never get use to the lack of seasons. I actually miss the cold and get tired of being warm all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's unseasonably warm here too and it's causing weather havoc! I keep waiting for a tornado to pop out of nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, the weather is absolutely bonkers. Seems unusually warm and the wind is out of control. Doesn't seem too far fetched to have a tornado, too.

    ReplyDelete