Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I think I can, I think I can!

My goal is to kick P90X in the you know what! However, it is definitely kicking mine! I started P90X with such enthusiasm last fall, but lost my hubby as my workout partner because of time commitments. Then the random exercise and excuses started all over again for myself. I have ALWAYS been a swimmer and gym person, but I don’t want to waste my money, especially since I know this is a good workout routine that can work. I have so much trouble staying motivated at home. I feel like you have no idea world! But a happy pocketbook makes for a happy husband! Very important to me!

Now that school has finished, I have much more time and feel so much less stress. Even my chiropractor noticed how relaxed I looked sitting in the waiting room on Monday as compared to the last month!

So, I only took one day for myself, then joined my neighbor Jen at the gym Sunday, and tackled both a spin class and a yoga class. AWESOME!
LAZY the next day! I was so sore. Thank goodness for Stephen and the dog. Only thanks to them did I walk 1.5 miles, a bit too leisurely I must admit. Better than nothing, right?

Then came my girl Mack! We started this blog to not only motive ourselves, but to also battle the bulge together. I decided yesterday to give the P90X a real run for it. I get bored with some of the exercises, but love others. So here’s to it!

Day 1

Chest and Back, Ab Ripper X = great 1st day workout. Hard but feeling accomplished.

Day 2 (Today)

Plyometrics (aka: jump training). I always whine through this one. I was tired, plain and simple. I love wearing my heart monitor with this one though. It really lets me know if I am truly giving it my all. Some of the jumps kill my knees, so I know I have to modify, but some are fun. I will be glad not to do this one for another week. I have had many 1st weeks, so I know this DVD well!
Here’s to completing week 1 and actually starting week 2 without giving up!

As far as eating goes, I have been quite good with that. I only drink 1 cup of coffee in the morning, and usually don’t finish it. I don’t buy pop because it’s like chocolate for me. I am eating Special K for breakfast and lunch with fruit and Special K bars for snacks. Important because I have low blood sugar and have to watch that. We cook pretty healthy food for dinner most of the time, so I am not too worried about that. Making chicken stir fry with white rice for dinner. Yum.

Storm is moving in, better walk to dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment