Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday, No Bluesday

Despite going over my calories just a tad last night, I did eat within the appropriate means for all fat, carbs and protein on Monday. I ate well under 2,000 calories, too. Do I sound like I'm trying to justify my behavior? If so, tell me. I think I'm doing waaaaay better than I was, say, six months ago.

I'm plugging along on this fine, muggy as all get out Tuesday. I did my required bike ride this morning, but only completed 35 minutes due to the insane humidity (It's supposed to be 90 today). A friend of mine's father recently underwent surgery for brain cancer and I had just found out prior to taking to the Roscoe Village streets, thus I was also quite distracted during my ride. I found out afterward that doctors removed everything and he is on his way to recovery.

To avoid any thoughts about food, I focused on getting through Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann. Being unemployed leaves you with A LOT of time on your hands. But I'm trying. I am going to whip up some cranberry and almond granola for the husband. It's one our latest breakfast options and my hubs can't seem to get enough. I enjoy it as well, but it leaves me with about 400-some calories at breakfast. I'm sticking with my usual Cheerios for now.

See ya on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment