Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Day Is Made ... with Crab Cakes

It was another crazy busy day in the world of UK entertainment. But again, I'm grateful for the work and love being productive, so bring it on. I'm adjusting to the AM starts, too. Each day is getting easier with reconfiguring my daily routine.

I resorted to my fat-free Fage and fruit dish for breakfast today. It's quick and easy to prepare and totally satisfying. I also had an iced coffee. Just one cup is my early morning savior.


Balancing blogging with laundry left me with only a few minutes to grab lunch, where I had the last of my Sweet Potato Chili. I also had a pickle on the side with some baby carrots and jalapeno hummos from Athenos.


Tuesday is my day to volunteer with Open Books. I always look forward to this time away and the chance to converse with some really amazing students. The two girls that I meet with each week are so kind and always enthusiastic about reading. It's been a fun experience so far.

Ryan kindly prepared dinner this evening since I was away and man, was it fabulous! He prepared Ellie Krieger's Crab Cakes with Smart Tartar sauce. We also had green beans with walnuts on the side. We've done Krieger's Salmon Cakes countless times, but this was our first attempt at the crab cakes. YUM!


I think I'm going to call it a night with some pistachio gelato and some TV. Gonna relax a bit before a freelance deadlines come up. Anyone out there a fan of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? I am going to try to start this book tonight, once and for all, if I can keep my eyes open. Would love to hear your thoughts or any book recommendations for that matter :)

Back on the elliptical tomorrow, too. Thanks again for reading! Have a fabulous evening!

3 comments:

  1. You'll have to let me know if you like the book, I've been itching to read it but I have too many that I'm working on right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome for reading! I have not read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but I am looking for a new series to read. Let me know if you like it! Open Books seems like a great volunteer experence. I loved reading when I was younger. These days I seem to get easily sleepy or distracted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh we make salmon cakes often but those crab cakes have me thinking.... yum!

    ReplyDelete