Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Back at It

Arrrgh! Weekends are rough sometimes. Keeping up with my efforts in logging my calories doesn't always seem to happen. And having family in town and doing the various things families do when visiting a big city always takes over.

So yeah, I didn't count my calories or work out this weekend, however I did make my 5-day schedule, so I think two days off is a-ok. But food-wise I didn't go overboard and kept things lite as possible when eating out, like thai basil chicken on Saturday night dinner. I had a grilled chicken and mixed greens salad with apples, pecans and goat cheese with balsamic vinegarette on the side for Sunday lunch. Sunday dinner also saw some quality lean round burgers on the grill with some grilled corn on the cob as well.

But manic Monday got off to a rough start. I could not get out of bed to save my life. I just felt like meh all day. My meals also saw a lot of repeats, as I'm trying to use up some of my food before it gets bad. Breakfast featured my recent fave, Overnight Oats in a Jar.


Lunch also saw the last of my shrimp gazpacho, plus I added a herby-green salad with cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar. Sweet cherries, too!


Ryan ruled the grill for dinnertime, whipping up some awesome catfish surfburgers, which we found on sale at Whole Foods last week. We served these burgers on some AWESOME sprouted seven-grain hamburger buns from Cybros and man are they tasty! They only have 130 calories and contain 10 grams of protein. YAY! I had two dill pickles and some mixed greens and mustard with my burger as well. I had to round things out with my dill crab salad on a napa cabbage leaf.


Our exercise of the day was a nice, three-mile trek (45 minutes) along the Lake Shore Running and Bike Path. What a perfect way to end the day, watching the sun set on Lake Michigan. I definitely missed this while living in New York City. Here are some snapshots from our ride.





Ryan, along with my best pal Siggi (Orange & Ginger), and I closed out the evening with some Criminal Minds episodes. My parents are *super* into this show and got me into it, thus I tivoed some reruns so Ryan could get acquainted.

I also went ten calories over my required count. Yikes. Oh well. Better than Friday's totals and better luck on Tuesday.

Calorie goal 1,210-1,560: 1,570
Fat goal 32-57: 48
Carbohydrates goal 164-237: 218
Protein goal 60-128: 92

No comments:

Post a Comment