Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Plugging Along

Today was a pretty productive days with various odds and ends to complete. Only 48 hours until Steph Dogg and Mom descend upon the Windy City!

Breakfast was a refreshing bowl of Organic Flax Plus Multibran from Nature's Path, with strawberries and organic skim milk.


I made up for yesterday's laziness with a super-kickass performance on the elliptical trainer upstairs. I had various things to take care of this morning, thus my usual morning bike ride disappeared. But man, today's work out truly pushed me to the limit. I was screaming during those last few minutes. I think I sweated more buckets in those 45 minutes than I have in days. The velcroed stomach band also showed results, for I'm gonna get my tummy back in tip-top shape. I concluded today's work out with various dumbbells routines, completing 10 sets of 10 for a total of 100.

With my noon workout, lunch was also pushed back. The hubs and I headed to Whole Foods for a change. There, I had a cup of turkey chili, which was absolutely yummy! I added plenty of color from the salad bar too: edamame succotash, kale and cranberry salad, and a spinach salad with cherry tomatoes, shredded carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, red cabbage, and two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. I couldn't resist the lemon-dill tuna. It's definitely one of my Whole Foods faves, so I added a small portion to my salad. And a can of Club Soda completed the menu.



My hubs rocked the grill a second time this week for dinner and it was another scrumptious meal! Ryan prepped catfish surfburgers with corn on the cob. The corn on the cob was, again, to die for with it's parsley (from my herb garden) and butter and garlic mix. Add a herb-green salad and fresh basil (also from my garden) with balsamic vinegar and YUM!


Dessert came before bed, as I ended the evening with some of Siggi's Pomegranate & Passion Fruit yogurt with four strawberries. More on Siggi's tomorrow.

While my calorie count was above Tuesday's total, I still stayed within my required means for Wednesday:

Calorie goal 1,210-1,560:
1,503
Fat goal 32-57: 49
Carbohydrates goal 164-237: 178
Protein goal 60-128: 108

See you Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment