Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Leftovers

Well here it is hump day Wednesday and I'm working through the third or so serving in several of my bulk meals for the week. I stayed with the bananas today for a repeat of Monday's breakfast: Nutri-Grain waffles with apricot preserves and bananas. A couple of hours later prior to hitting the elliptical machine for my required 45-minutes, I snacked on a snack-size Breakstone cottage cheese and a pickle.


Today's work out was GREAT! I'm finding it a little easier each day to make it through those 45 minutes. Lately, I've been struggling through the last 15, but today it didn't seem so bad. In fact, I really enjoyed sweating buckets. It feels great to be doing this! Oh yeah, I also completed 10 sets of 10 dumbbell routines.

Lunchtime saw my final helping for cool cucumber soup, and to change things up a bit I added a turkey and greens flatbread sandwich with mustard and 10 cherries. As my Mom always says, cherries have loads of antioxidants.



Dinner also saw my final helping of my turkey chili with black beans and corn (and a nectarine about an hour later). Again, I forgot to photograph it, but tomorrow I'll be making shrimp gazpacho with tomatoes and it is SO SO GOOD! I already prepped some quinoa tabbouleh as a side (ended up having a quarter cup tonight after all the prepping and tasting) and some kale chips tonight (will share soon!). I'll have related photos and links tomorrow, and maybe even a dessert.

Drum roll please ... and here are today's totals. Let me not forget to mention that I had some of Jane's low-carb popcorn after lunch. I have to get into a better routine of including my snacks on each blog post AND sharing my daily totals.

Calorie goal 1,210-1,560: 1,343
Fat goal 32-57: 32
Carbohydrates goal 164-237: 205
Protein goal 60-128: 82

By the way, Siggi's grapefruit yogurt is a bit tart. I don't think it's one of my favorites. Vanilla is still number one, but I think it's me and blueberry tonight.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment