Friday, July 23, 2010

Somewhat Overboard

It's Friday! YAY! This morning got off to a good start with a 90-minute Yoga session. I am slowly becoming obsessed with Yoga. I leave with such a feeling of satisfaction. I knew next to nothing about Yoga two months ago and here I am, in looooooove with it. It really makes my body feel good and I appreciate the balance I'm getting between that and my other daily workouts.

I already chatted about my Overnight Oats in a Jar, so I grabbed some cherries and a Breakstone's Cottage Cheese snack pack before lunchtime. But I'm wondering if I should have just held out for lunch ... you'll see why at the end of this post.


Today's lunch also saw a repeat of Thursday's menu with Spinach and Tortellini Soup and turkey flatbread sandwich. Just trying to make it through some of the groceries before our next shopping trip.


I spent much of the afternoon scratching things off my weekly list, but also became enamored with Blogger's many choices in design and formatting, hence the new look of Fighting the Pudge. Whaddya think?

It's like 100 degrees here in Chicago and Ryan and I had plans to brave the heat for an outside dinner, but it wasn't in the cards. It's supposed to rain allllllllll evening. Our yard totally needs it, as does my herb garden. Anyhow, just as the projected thunderstorms rolled in, Ryan was able to grab his London Broil steak with avocado cream sauce. This recipe is an altered version of Clean Eating's Steak Tacos, but we just went ahead with the red meat and served it with sauteed spinach. Apologies for the bad lighting in these photos.


And apparently July is National Ice Cream Month, what? Carrots 'N' Cake's recipe for Banana Soft Serve certainly got my attention earlier this week, so tonight I tried it.


Truly AWESOME! What a fun, cool summertime treat. I made two servings and used Organic Valley Fat-Free Milk instead of soy, and added two bananas with one and half tablespoons of reduced fat Jif. SO GOOD. And only 80 calories in one serving.

With that, I did end up going over my calories and ONE point over in my carbohydrates. I could have done without my snack and those six Rold Gold pretzels. I plan to hit the elliptical trainer tomorrow morning to make up for Tuesday's lack of exercise, so I am not going to feel too guilty about this.

Calorie goal 1,210-1,560: 1,626
Fat goal 32-57: 46
Carbohydrates goal 164-237: 238
Protein goal 60-128: 95

I had my very first weigh-in two weeks ago tomorrow. I think I'll give it another try after my work out. Fingers crossed that I've dropped at least two more pounds so I can be back in the 140s again!

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment