Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lots of leftovers

Today was quite busy with various interviews for freelance projects, camping prep, cooking, and laundry. Honestly, it felt pretty good and I'm really looking forward to roughin' it a bit this weekend.

I tried using up the strawberries and bananas before we leave tomorrow, thus breakfast saw a second helping of these lovely fruits. I had six strawberries with a fourth-cup of blueberries, and Cybros Multi-Grain flatbread with Ghee and a banana. Love this combo!


Lunchtime saw my final installment of my yummy Taco Bake with Turkey. I was craving something else and had missed my usual mixed herby greens all week, so I decided to add 'em in. I also grabbed some fresh basil and some fresh dill from my herb garden. Add a tablespoon or so of balsamic vinegar and a dash of pepper and you have a pretty sweet salad.


I am not the world's biggest coffee drinker, but I've developed quite the habit of having one after lunch. Ryan makes one for himself, so I've been joining him in that ritual. I should really stop, since it's cutting in my time of having water, which is what I drink all day long, all week long.


Dinner saw our second helping of Real Simple's Spiced Beef Kebabs with Minted Watermelon Salad. This time we added some grilled cucumber and cherry tomatoes. I enjoyed the change. Also, I seriously cannot get enough of the watermelon salad. It's cool, it's refreshing, and I could have had a second helping. I mean, how gorgeous is this salad?


Ryan and I spent the remainder of the evening getting ready for our trip. We're pretty dang excited. Ryan has never slept in a tent before! Isn't that INSANE? I have camped a gazillion times and slept in a tent a gazillion times, so this will be fun. The car is half-way packed, too.

Oh I can't forget ... I logged 45 minutes on the elliptical trainer today! Back in motion. We'll be doing some biking and hiking this weekend, too, so I am not going to feel guilty about missing Wednesday's workout.

... and snacks. I had two pickles, one nectarine, and one low-fat part-skim string cheese from Lucerne. Oh yeah, I snuck two Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows when I was organizing the packing. I couldn't resist.

So it's me and Siggi's before bed. 


Before I go, here are today's totals:

Calorie goal 1,210-1,560: 1,546
Carbohydrates goal 164-237: 199
Fat goal 32-57: 48
Protein goal 60-128: 91

Back to yoga bright and early tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment