Friday, July 30, 2010

Heading out ... It's the Weekend!

Well, no yoga for me this morning. I just couldn't get up at 6:30AM. But I didn't slack off, for I completed 45 minutes on the elliptical trainer. Operation Sweating Buckets was in full effect.

But prior to my workout, I had some Overnight Oats in a Jar for breakfast with some watermelon and blueberries. I also prepped a small version for one of my camping breakfasts this weekend.


In between some extra camping prep and blogging, I switched up my lunch for a light tuna sandwich with tomato on some Cybros multi-grain flatbread. For the tuna, I used one small can of Bumble Bee's albacore light in water and mixed it with two teaspoons of 365's light mayonnaise. Top with some mustard and you have a pretty nice sandwich.


I also added two cups of herby greens with three chopped slices of english cucumber and some chopped hard-boiled egg. Top with a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.


I can't forget about my cool iced coffee. I won't be having these during my camping excursion this weekend.


So I must bring this post to an end, for I'll be dining by the campfire tonight with some veggie dogs from Smart Dogs on multi-grain hot dog buns. Add a nectarine and maybe some cherry tomatoes with hummus, and it's a healthy dinner, camping-style. I'll be sure to document our trip come our return on Sunday.


The car is pretty much packed. Ryan is anxious to go, like right now, but work duties call for a few more hours.


You'll see we packed the important stuff. HAHA! I am a graduate of Michigan State University and absolutely adore my Spartans. Ryan graduated from the University of Michigan. It's a divided household for sure, come football season. I'm sure my love for MSU and Big 10 sports will be all over this blog come fall.


Thanks for reading. May all of you have an awesome weekend!

1 comment: