Monday, August 2, 2010

Camping Recap

Apologies for the delayed posts, but it's been a bit of a task reorganizing from our camping trip in Sawyer, Michigan last weekend. Lots of laundry and other necessary upkeep. But here we are! Happy August everyone!

I've been camping since I was a kid, doing a many girl scout trips in upper Michigan, so mine and Ryan's mini vacation was a piece of cake and a lot of fun. But it didn't start out that way. When we arrived on Friday, it was raining, and that rain continued on through early Saturday morning. We thought we'd be spending the remainder of the day reading and snoozing in the tent. Luckily, the sun arrived later in the morning and stuck around for the rest of the trip. We got in some biking and some quality beach time. We also saw the most incredible sunset on Saturday night. 


Meals were mostly on the healthy front with Smart Dogs, Overnight Oats in a Jar, Cranberry and Almond Granola, and some Roasted Red Pepper Hummus from Athenos. But I did indulge in a couple of smores and two Ball Park franks on Saturday. Our hobo packs with ground sirloin burgers, carrots and potatoes were almost a hit. We cooked 'em a little too long. But the corn on the cob turned out perfectly. All in all, an awesome trip! I could have stayed another day. We hope we can camp again sometime this fall.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time, I love camping and riding bikes. Maybe that's why I love to grill... makes me feel like I'm camping at home :-)

    ReplyDelete