Thursday, August 26, 2010

Boot Camp Bust

Despite waking up at the crack of dawn this morning, boot camp was a bust! The weather consisted of a bit of rain and some very distinctive lightening...and, as anyone who has ever participated in an organized sport knows, lightening = CANCELLATION! I cannot say that I minded though. :)

Not wanting my early morning wake-up to be for naught, I put the leash on Teddy, and we did a one-hour long walk along Lenox and Peachtree Roads. No umbrella or doggy raincoat were needed, since the rain had, more or less, subsided after a few minutes. The long walk was not only a treat for Teddy (since he is used to the boring 30-minute neighborhood walk), it was for me as well! I really enjoyed the change of pace and being able to tour Atlanta under the lights, before the workday traffic reared its ugly head.

Of course, if you choose to take an early morning walk, be sure to dress in bright colors and to walk in well-lit, public areas.

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment