Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lovin' Leftovers

Cooking for two can sometimes provide more than plenty of leftovers to carry you throughout the week. That's exactly what's happening for Ryan and I, as many of today's meals are repeats. Can you blame me? Everything so far has been incredibly tasty and healthy.

I kept with Bethenny Frankel's Love Your Man Steel-Cut Oatmeal for breakfast, but added some fresh strawberries. I also had an iced latte.


I had some packages to send out today, so I hopped on my Trek to get the job done. My trip to the post office ended up being a quick one, so I just decided to stay on my bike for a while. 30 minutes on the bike, check.

Like yesterday, I was starving before lunch. I had plans to make this wonderful homemade tomato soup, but my huge took over. I resorted to Monday's fabulous veggie sandwich with Arnold whole-wheat bread and garlic hummus from Athenos. In addition, I had some watermelon and blueberries and some Breakstone's cottage cheese.


The majority of today was busy with your typical pre-guest preparation as well as other online duties. Freelancing is keeping my head in the game lately, so I feel very fortunate. But one thing that I'm really excited about is that I registered for Chicago's AIDS Run Walk! This event, featuring both walkers and runners, will take place at Grant Park on Saturday, October 2nd and my goal is to raise $250 between now and then.

I haven't participated in an event such as this since I was in high school, when my sister and I were in involved in the annual March of Dimes fundraiser walk for a couple of years. If you're able and would like to donate to my cause, please let me know. I'll gladly point you in the right direction and send loads of good karma points your way. YAY!

Before dinner, I had a one slice of Arnold multi-grain flatbread with a tablespoon of reduced fat Jif. I have to get better at taking pictures of my snacks!

We still had half of a rotisserie chicken left from Sunday, so we opted to have our Pepper Jack, Chicken and Peach Quesadillas from Cooking Light for dinner this evening. Still so GOOD! Especially with some spinach salad! I bet nectarines would be good in this dish, too.


Ryan's watching Eric Ripert's show on TiVo and I'm reading to call it a night. Time to grab my copy of Rob Sheffield's Talking to Girls About Duran Duran (laugh out loud, by the way), some banana soft serve, and give my eyes (and brain) a break from my BFF the computer. As always, many thanks for checking out Fighting the Pudge.

1 comment:

  1. I am actually going to try the quesadillas tonight, but plan to substitute nectarines for the peaches. I will let you know how mine turn out. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete