Monday, August 9, 2010

Manic Monday and 8-9-10

Well this week certainly kicked off with a bang, hence my title of today's post. Also kind of fitting with 2010's sequential date day. Anyhow, my morning started with a quick bowl of Post Shredded Wheat with some skim milk and fourth-cup of blueberries. Nothing special, but certainly enough to get me through the morning and my trip to the dentist.


Mine and Ryan's dental appointments lasted nearly two hours, which also means I lost time on prepping our lunches for the week. We were close to Whole Foods, so we picked up lunch instead. I had my regular spinach with veggies, balsamic vinegar, and BelGioiso Parmesan Cheese plus cucumber, tomato, and feta salad and tomato basil soup. A cool iced coffee rounded things out.


With phone calls, deadlines, and several in-house duties taking over my afternoon, my workout never happened. UGH!!!! I didn't have time to feel guilty because things were definitely busy. In between deadlines, I snacked on a nectarine.


For dinner, Ryan prepped his own version of chicken stir fry. We used brown rice from Minute Rice with red pepper, pineapple chunks (in water) from Dole, and Eating Right's Broccoli Stir Fry mix (broccoli, carrots and snow peas).


As my deadlines finally came to a close, I made some No Pudge brownies for Ryan as a thank you for dinner. Plus he prepared this week's lunches (more on Tuesday) and his Cranberry and Almond Granola for breakfast. Since I wasn't able to help, I thought he deserved a yummy dessert. I didn't partake in such chocolate-y goodness, however. Maybe tomorrow night.


Back in the exercise game tomorrow, man. I ended up snacking on some of the almonds in the Cranberry and Almond Granola that Ryan made earlier, which made me go over in my fat numbers. BOO! I did walk plenty around the city this weekend, which was nice. But I gotta sweat it out on my elliptical. I miss it and I know it misses me, haha.

Calorie goal 1,210-1,560: 1,353
Carbohydrates goal 164-237: 165
Fat goal 32-57: 66
Protein goal 60-128: 98

See you Tuesday. Thanks for reading xx

** UPDATE (08.10.10): I double-checked the recipe calculations for Ryan's chicken stir fry and learned that it was definitely off. I still went over in my fat count just slightly. My carbohydrates count was off by one, but my calorie count was 19 less that I should have. Yikes! Monday's totals should be:

Calorie goal 1,210-1,560: 1,191
Carbohydrates goal 164-237: 163
Fat goal 32-57: 62
Protein goal 60-128: 70

No comments:

Post a Comment