Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Mid-Week Struggles

Today wasn't my finest of days. Blame the cuckoo weather in the Windy City and some of last night's dinner. I didn't work out and had 2,000 calories versus my usual 1,210-1,560 set. The only goal I met was protein, with 84. Freelance deadlines and guest-prep were in full force. I just found myself distracted. As the saying goes, it was just one of *those* days.

Breakfast started off with two low fat Nutri-Grain Eggos with apricot preserves and a bowl of strawberries and blueberries. I can't shake my new iced coffee habit either, so I had one of those this morning. All in all, not too bad. Together it only added up to 255 calories.


Earlier this week, I planned to make some tofu stir fry for lunch, but I wasn't feeling it at all today. Last night's chicken and white bean salad still had me a bit queasy and I'd been craving pasta for some odd reason. Anyhow, to keep things light, we headed to Whole Foods for their hot and cold bars. It was a cup of tomato basil soup (perfect for today's rainy weather) with and some cucumber and tomato salad and some spinach and veggies, plus a Club Soda.




I just hit a wall after lunch and it was a challenge to stay on track with various things to do. I ended up indulging the snack devil on my shoulder and had a tablespoon of peanut butter on a Cybros multi-grain sandwich flat. It was mighty good, but obviously unnecessary calories. Earlier, prior to Whole Foods, I had a snack-size cottage cheese from Breakstone's AND two servings of The Snack Factory's Pretzel Crisps. Epic fail.

I had my pasta fix come dinner when Ryan prepped some homemade tomato sauce, something we like to call The Sultan's Saucy Tomato Sauce with whole-wheat penne rigate from Ronzoni. It's full of goodness, really and you can find the recipe here at SparkPeople. We also had a cup of herby lettuce from Earthbound Farms, with some carrots, cucumber, dried cranberries, and walnuts.



It was exactly what I was craving and so so good. But on the calorie-check side of things, I really fell off my radar today.

Here's to tomorrow ... Raina will be here! My freelance deadlines will be over and I promise to hit the elliptical trainer in the early AM. Falling off track really bugs me, so here's to keeping things healthy on Thursday.

Have you had one of *those* days in the midst of your weight loss journey? If so, how do you overcome such obstacles in order to get back or remain on track?

6 comments:

  1. Just remember a few high calorie days a month are a good boost for your metabolism don't beat yourself up about it :+)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! The things you learn ;) Thanks so much for the words of encouragement, Mrs. Adventure. Such a lesson will make me feel much better come weigh-in time on Saturday.

    Thanks again for reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are certainly fewer of 'those' days this time of year when there is so much wonderful produce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh don't get me wrong ... I love my produce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was also in Chicago this weekend (for Lollapalooza) and I ate HORRIBLY. I mostly blame Chicago for being so damn delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww Lollapalooza! HOW MUCH FUN! Sooooo many good bands with this year's lineup. But I know what you mean. I had friends in town and we did a lot of eating out. Chicago is delicious though ... can't deny that. But I think we're allowed a break sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete