Monday, August 30, 2010

Inspired by Bethenny

Happy Monday everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start. This week is another busy one, but good busy with assorted deadlines, Tuesday's Cubs' game, and dinner with Sarah on Thursday. And this morning I was determined to get back on track with working out.

I revisited one of my growing favorites for breakfast, Bethenny Frankel's Love Your Man Steel-Cut Oatmeal, which is featured in her Skinnygirl Dish book. This time, I added a quarter-cup blueberries and also had my regular iced coffee. I am in love with my bowl, too, which is from one of my favorite stores in New York City, Fish's Eddy. Super cute designs, a lot of funky vintage glass and ceramic items, and great prices.


I guess it's just a Bethenny kind of day, as we opted for one of her Skinnygirl Dish recipes for lunch. This time, we went for the Asian Shrimp Salad and it was fantastic! A nice mix of spinach with napa cabbage, and shredded carrots, snap peas, and scallions. The Asian Dressing paired up ginger flavors with dijon mustard accents. Gorgeous colors all around, too.


Well, I'm not thrilled to admit it but snack time got the best of me today. I should have gone for a nectarine or a peach, but instead I had a Cybros multi-grain flatbread with a banana, chia seeds, and a tablespoon of reduced fat Jif. Can't feel too guilty, as I did rock the elliptical trainer for 45 minutes today and completed 10 sets of 10 dumbbell routines.


Lastly, for dinner we enjoyed herb-crusted sesame chili tilapia with almond green beans, my third and final Bethenny installment for today. The green beans were spot on in crunch and flavor. I know I'll be picking up some more at Green City Market on Wednesday.


The first of two reunion shows for the Real Housewives of New Jersey is on shortly, woo hoo! Back at it tomorrow. Thanks for reading xx

4 comments:

  1. Hmm...mm... I love your Monday meal menu! So healthy yummy! So, no more blue Monday! hehe.... Have a great day.
    Cheers, kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mac, I have a little something for you. Please feel free to hop over to collect it. Thanks & have a nice day.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristy, you're the best! Thank you thank you! I left you a comment on your blog, too. CONGRATS TO YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That salad looks yummy! I think I'm going to make some version of that next week. :)

    ReplyDelete