Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer Fruit Salad with Mint

Since there's still plenty of summer left, I thought I'd share Ryan's Summer Fruit Salad recipe. It's so lovely with its citrus accents, plus the mint adds even more refreshing flavor. I know there are countless fruit salad versions out there, but we've been sticking with this one this summer. Only 164 calories per serving, with 2.8g of protein. Enjoy!




Ingredients:
- 1/2 watermelon, diced
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 cantaloupe, diced
- 1 bag of red seedless grapes
- 1 orange for zest and juice
- 1 tbsp fresh mint

Directions:
Chop ingredients to your liking and combine in a large bowl. Zest orange and use remaining orange to juice salad. Add a tablespoon of mint and chill in refrigerator for an hour. Serves 8.

3 comments:

  1. Do you still need a ticket to HLS? Email me Kthartmann@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good! I posted the recipe for the ratatouille today it was amazing I definatly recommend giving it a try! To answer your question I have a shake about 4 times a week the other couple of mornings it's either a bowl of granola with Greek yogurt or overnight oats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so fresh and delicious!

    ReplyDelete