Monday, August 23, 2010

Glass: Half Empty

As you can guess from the title of this post, I am feeling a bit worn out from boot camp. Each morning, I awake at 5:15 a.m. (yikes!), to the sounds of Kelly Clarkson coming from my CD alarm clock (double yikes!). But for boot camp, I would be blessed with the opportunity to sleep for another two whole hours...I cannot help but feel a twinge of jealousy for the extra zzzz's my dog, Teddy, gets to enjoy. The other slight annoyance comes in knowing that once I get home from work, I have but 3 hours before I need to turn in for the night. Nothing makes the boot camp experience less fun than a less-than-full night of sleep.

However, before I deter you from embarking upon this ambitious, adventursome fitness regimen, which has been known to involve crawling through sand, running up hills, climbing stairs, etc., I want to give you 3 HUGE reasons why boot camp is DEFINITELY worth the pain (and, I am doing this for me as much as I am you):

(1) Boot camp is versatile! I am literally never bored with the workouts that Body Firm puts together for us campers. Today, we turned the beachy, sandy volleyball court into a track, as we sprinted back and forth until I was seeing spots. As for tomorrow, we were told to "get ready to crawl in the grass." Crab walk, anyone?

(2) Boot camp is intense! That means my workout is bigger, badder, and better than the workout I would have planned (or not planned) for myself. By the end of each morning workout, I am drenched in sweat, and my body feels like it was pushed to the max (in a good way).

(3) Boot camp is over before the sun comes up! That's right...my workout is OVER before YOU have a chance to press SNOOZE! In other words, instead of spending my day worrying whether or not I will have the energy or desire to make it to the gym after work (and then feeling guitly because I inevitably did not), boot camp allows me the peace of mind of knowing that I already worked it out!

Better jet. Only 6 more hours until bedtime. :) Best wishes with your workout!

2 comments:

  1. Wow its sounds like they are kicking your butt... goodness I'm not sure I'm that hardcore. No joke. Pretty sure I would cry. Or pretend to :+)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what? I'm kind of a wuss, yet I have not had the urge to cry...or to fake an injury. :) I guarantee you could do boot camp! The most inspiring (and comforting) thing is that everyone in the class is at a different age and fitness level. So, not only is there always someone to run after, there is always someone eating your dust. Haha!

    ReplyDelete